If you are in the market of buying a home in North Park, then you are aware that our home inventory is selling very quickly. You are also probably finding out that houses for sale in North Park do not stay on the market for very long; that is of course if they are not overpriced. When sellers price their homes at market value, we are finding that we are receiving multiple offers on our listings, in many cases. This can be upsetting for the homebuyer that keeps getting beat out.
Here are 5 tips to help you, the homebuyer get your offer accepted.
- Make sure that the Realtor that you’re working with is “nice”. They do not have to be super experienced and/or perceived as an aggressive negotiator. Just because they are aggressive does not mean that they are a good negotiator or that this will benefit you, the buyer. This may actually hurt your chances.
- If the home for sale just came on the market, don’t write an offer under list price and plan to get it accepted.
- Make sure that the lender that you are using is “super experienced”. Ask them if they would be able to get your loan approved quickly so that you, as the buyer are able to have your Realtor write in the offer that you would be able to remove “all contingencies” in 12-14 days. If they are a good lender, most likely they will be able to do so. This will look very appealing to the seller.
- Have your Realtor write in the offer that they will complete all inspections in the first 10 days of acceptance. Then make sure to do what you stated you would do or you will get pushed out and the next person will be able to step in and buy it.
- Unless the home looks like it is falling apart, stop asking for the seller to pay for termite clearance. This is another item that will look appealing to the seller. Before you do this, your Realtor should ask the listing agent if there is a termite report. This way you will know exactly what to expect and can make an educated decision about this.
If you are in the beginning stages of your home search and are looking for a “nice” and experienced Realtor to work with, please reach out and email, text or call us at the McT Real Estate Group.
We are here to help you find your home and get your offer accepted.